1. All School rules and Polices will be followed.
2. Respect students, teachers, school property and yourself.
3. Students will follow safety procedures while in the Science room and lab. A Safety contract will be signed and dated by each student enrolled in a science class. These will be kept on file.
1. Attendance is necessary to achieve in the classroom
2. Tardiness is unacceptable. Three or more will result in detention.
3. It is the student’s responsibility to contact me for missed work following an absence.
1. Paper- 3 ring types- no “rip out” edges please!!
2. Pencils or Pens- No red, silver, gold, pink, etc. Blue or Black only
3. 3-ring binder for notes- (these will be graded each chapter)
D. HOMEWORK-Expect homework 2-3 nights per week
E. TESTS- Given at the end of each chapter. Tests will be approx. 40% of grade.
If you receive lower than a 70% on any test, you may correct your entire test
to raise the grade to 70%. You will have one opportunity for corrections.
F. QUIZZES- will be announced, other than a “pop quiz”
G. WORK SAMPLES- Each grade level will be required to complete two Science
Work Samples. The Experiment will be selected by the teacher and the State
Science Inquiry format will be required.
they will be lowered one letter grade. If not turned in one week
from the due date, they will not be accepted.
H. GRADING- Letter grades will be given at the end of each quarter.
TO RECEIVE AN “A”
1. Earn 90% or greater of the total points possible
2. Complete an Extra Science Chapter- Requirements are listed below.
A. Complete Self Check questions for each section of the chapter
you have chosen. Thinking critically questions are not required.
Repeat the question in your answer and be complete.
B. Using Vocabulary- (end of chapter-) complete each question
C. Checking Concepts- -( end of chapter)- multiple choice
D. 8th grade only- Interpreting Graphics- NOT REQUIRED
E. THINKING CRITICALLY-
Choose three of the questions to answer. Repeat the question in your answer and be complete. These are essay questions.
F. 70% is required- Corrections are allowed to achieve 70%
To receive a “B”-Earn 80% -89% of the total points possible
To receive a “C”- Earn 65% - 79% of total points possible
To receive a “D”- Earn 55%-64% of total points possible
Failing Grades- Less than 55% of total points possible
You may choose one of the following per quarter:
1. SCIENCE EXPERIMENT-
To be completed outside of class. A complete Lab write up will be required. See me for forms.
2. SCIENCE BOOK REPORT-
To be completed outside of class. See me for forms.
3. ADDITIONAL EXTRA SCIENCE CHAPTER
You may complete a second extra chapter following the same guidelines as stated in the grading section.
You must be earning an A or B on regular classroom work to receive an A or B in this class. For example, if you are earning a “C”, extra credit cannot raise your grade to an A or B. Extra credit could raise your grade from a B to an A or from a D to a C.